On the 14th July, 350 members of the architecture and design community gathered at St Matthew-in-the-City in Auckland to celebrate the Interior Awards 2022.
It was a fantastic night showcasing projects designed by some of the most prominent architects and interior designers in New Zealand.
Interior Awards 2022 Winners
From 31 finalists, the following nine projects and one up-and-coming designer were selected as winners:
- Supreme Award and Civic Award: Te Rau Karamu Marae, Massey University by Te Kāhui Toi and Athfield Architects
- Workplace up to 1000m2 Award: Ārepa by Studio 11:11
- Workplace over 1000m2 Award: Work Club Olderfleet by Clark Bardsley Design
- Retail Award: Forté Showroom by Wonder
- Hospitality Award: Seven by SemiCreative
- Health and Wellness Award: AUT Te Āhuru Recreation Centre by Jasmax
- Civic Award: Te Rau Karamu Marae, Massey University by Te Kāhui Toi and Athfield Architects
- Residential Award: The Cabin by Johnstone Callaghan Architects
- Residential Kitchen Award: Eden View Kitchen by Pac Studio
- Multi-Housing Award: 26 Aroha Ave by Jasmax
- Emerging Design Professional Award: Raukura Turei of Monk MacKenzie
A big congratulations to all of the 2022 finalists and award winners!
For more details about this year’s best New Zealand interiors, check out ArchitectureNow’s article.
Editor’s note: ArchitectureNow is BCI’s journal for keeping New Zealand’s design community informed, inspired and engaged with the latest projects and products, insightful commentary on key issues and critical discussion of practice matters.