Event: World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 (WSBE17 Hong Kong)
Date: 5 to 7 June 2017
Location: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong
Organisers: The Construction Industry Council (CIC) and Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC)
The Construction Industry Council (CIC) and the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC) jointly present the World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 Hong Kong (WSBE17 Hong Kong) to be held on 5-7 June 2017 in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 (WSBE17) Hong Kong is the first-ever world conference of SBE Series held in Hong Kong. WSBE17 Hong Kong is expected to bring together 1,800 top-notch industry experts, academia and government leaders from 50 countries, offering an inspirational opportunity for delegates to “Put Ideas into Action” to transform the world’s built environment.
With the theme “Transforming Our Built Environment through Innovation and Integration: Putting Ideas into Action”, WSBE17 Hong Kong converges top findings from 20 Regional Conferences held in various parts of the world in 2016, connecting 400 business professionals and academia to present their cutting-edge findings from around 40 countries, and involving the leading international organisations to drive vibrant discussions on climate change and sustainable development.
Presentations, exchanges and debates at WSBE17 Hong Kong will focus on innovative and integrative whole-system thinking and practices in sustainable built environment. The event comprises four major discussion areas: Sustainable Neighbourhood, Deep Building Renovation, High-performance Building and Community Empowerment. Besides, the conference will examine how innovation and integration are able to synergise and interconnect different domains: Policy & Standard, Practice & Business, Science & Technology and People & Community.
Distinctive Keynote Speakers:
- Matthew Cheung Kin-chung, Chief Secretary for Administration, Government of the HKSAR
- Su Yunshan, Director-General, Department of Science & Technology and Energy Saving on Buildings,
- MOHURD, PRC Christiana Figueres, Vice-chair, The Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
- Thomas Auer, Managing Director & Founder, Transsolar
- Peter Guthrie, Director, Centre for Sustainable Development, Cambridge University
- Raymond Cole, Professor, School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, University of British Columbia
Insightful Roundtable Sessions to discuss:
- Emerging perspectives to transform the sustainable built environment
- Leadership driving for the sustainable built environment
Dedicated Session on Climate Change and Sustainable Development led by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
100 Parallel Sessions and Regional Forums
Exhibition with Business Matching
Welcome Cocktail, Networking Luncheon & Gala Dinner
International Youth Competition
Green Building & Eco-Tours (8 & 9 June 2017)
For more details, please visit www.wsbe17hongkong.hk